Friday, January 18, 2013

Never Too Late

Every year when January comes around I hear New Year's Resolutions I roll my eyes.  It means tons of meaningless facebook posts, the gym being completely overpopulized, and goals that two months later no one will remember. 

I personally always come up with some fluffy nonsense resolution just to sound like part of the crowd.  Never have I followed through with one. 

This year I take a different perspective though.   Not setting New Year's Resolutions, but rather New Me Resolutions.  I want to better myself and experience each day ahead of me to the fullest of its potential.  

I've set my goals and am going to use this to help me work through them and keep me motivated.  I have friends doing some goals with me -love you Jess and Amanda- and I have people there to support me.  There is no reason I can't be the girl I want to be.


Goals (don't laugh)-

*FBG!!!! Fat be gone. forever. I want to be toned and sexy like the Victoria's Secret Girls
*Yoga-start connecting my body and learning to let the stress of life go
*Eat Healthy- this coming from the girl who would eat Taco Bell and Arby's about 5x a week
*Let go of my past- learning to let go of all the hurt and insecurities I've ever felt
*Dream Big-follow some of my dreams like being involved in the fashion industry
*Give Back- work with charities or volunteer throughout the city
*Random acts of kindness-buy a stranger's meal, carry an older person's groceries, the list goes on 

and finally

*FEEL beautiful and confident in who I am

It might be too much for me to handle.  I started last week and I'm already on my way.  

I can do this. 

I'm Dani, and this is my crazy dysfunctional life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment