Friday, March 8, 2013

Curve-ball

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

They Say.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

They Say.

I say honestly- life throws you serious curveballs sometimes and you just have to smile and keep going.

Update on my life.

*WARNING* there will be run on sentences.

Inhale....

So I went to New York to attend fashion week simply to watch and cross my fingers that by some miracle I made it into one of the shows. It snowed there was a blizzard we made some videos and that was that. I met with a friend who suggested that I submit myself to modeling agencies and thinking nothing of it I said sure why not.  Expecting nothing to come from it I was invited in by some of the biggest modeling agencies in the world and lo and behold I was given an offer. So out of the blue I decide to chase my silly little girl dream to become a Victoria's Secret model in some way shape or form pick up and decide to drive across the country and move to New York City.

Gasp.....

I mean moving across the country with your best friend, a dog, and two complete wardrobes in a Hyundai Accent is bound to create some stories, and it did.


Willow and I somewhere in the middle of Nebraska

Now I'm here.  I hang out at coffee shops all day while I wait for a phone call telling me to go to a casting. I watch people walk by all day.  Wondering what is running through their minds, what problems they might be having, what brought them to this crazy city.

The reality of the situation is that I'm in an unfamiliar place, feeling unfamiliar things.

But I asked for this- I want this somewhere deep down inside.  I know things will get better I really do. I'm just in a funk. Feeling like my crazy impulsiveness got the best of me this time.

Thank you for the curveball life.
Be ready because I'll be throwing it right back at you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment