Friday, March 8, 2013

International Women's Day

According to my Facebook today is International Women's Day or something like that....

I guess times like I'm in now are the perfect time to look at how lucky and blessed you are.
I'm not sappy or open hearted often....So....pardon the deepness of this post.

So this is my shout out. To the women I love, and to people who have helped me become who I am.

I should start off at the womb I suppose.

My Mother, Mommy, Mama Bear, Mmmmooooommmmm, whatever sounds best at the time.




My Mom is one of the craziest people I know.  She definitely knows how to keep a personality.  She has been through a lot but has never hesitated to show us her support. Whether it's forcing her to come watch my soccer games in pouring rain, watching her reaction as I tell her I'm going to do a pageant, or her finding out through Facebook that my insane decision to move to New York was only 2 weeks away she has always been there to support me for who I am. She thinks I'm cool-which is equally cool. I love the cards she sends me at random in the mail.  I like that her texts usually contain one too many questions to ever answer in one response. I'm happy that she has shown me by example to persevere through whatever life gives me and just keep going. I hope that someday soon I can be a daughter that she can be proud of.  I love my mommy and all her craziness. and that's that.


My Sister, My Best Friend, My baby Mama


Oh Suzanna, I wouldn't even know where to start.  If you need to know my favorite color, food, or what my likes and dislikes are I suggest you get in contact with her.  She has known me for as long as I can remember and has never failed to remember everything about me.  Yes at times she has gotten a bit confused on my dating life, but nothing that wasn't easily caught up on after a phone call.  She is a sweetheart with so much love to offer.  I've always wanted to be like her.  She scrapbooks like a mad woman and never fails to make every pinterest idea a success.  I know that she is always there to support me and be my best friend when I need it.  I call her my best friend to everyone I meet because that is what she is.  I love her and she is my go to right hand girl who I call my sister.  I wish her all the happiness in the world!


My Baby B.


Watch out guys. My niece has more personality than most 30 year old women out there.  She is learning from the best (aka me) and will be a whirlwind once she learns how to talk.  She has brought me so many smiles and laughs and I could probably stay entertained with this chipmunk all day long.  I cannot wait to see how big little Berlin gets and how funny she is once she starts talking. 

My Little Seester


This girl used to think I was the coolest thing to ever grace the earth with my presence.  I remember how many times she told me she wanted to be just like me.  She thought everything I did was funny and that made me feel so cool.  I miss my little sister because now she is growing up and doing her own thing....it's not the same and it never will be....because that's life.  I don't think she realizes how talented she is or how much she could be doing....I just hope she realizes that she needs to do what in her heart feels right and follow that craziness instead.
Always gonna be a chipmunk to me.

It's your fault I'm a pageant girl...

Oh Jess, I had no idea when I showed up at an orientation for a pageant I saw advertised on facebook that you would someday be on of the funniest people I know and a true friend.  Thank you for helping me and encouraging me to not give up.  You met me at a time where my confidence was at an all time low. Had I not been blessed with you and the doors you were able to open for me I'm not sure I would be where I am right now.  You've always been straight with me and wont take my excuses in selling myself short.  I love your sense of humor and look up to you.  Love you Jess :)

You two probably have no idea...

Carol and Lindsay. Two of the most talented seamstresses I've met.  Your hugs are the best.  I know that anytime I run into or see you I will be filled with a warm smile and a huge hug.  You were always there to share your talents and support with me in more ways than you will ever know.  Lindsay you are so talented and I better see you on Broadway someday soon.  Carol, your support was always so genuine to me.  Coming back to the school to watch performances and shows you are one of the people on my list of must-see faces.  You're like a mother to me and I want to make you proud someday too.  Your family has been through a lot and the fact that nothing has ever diminished your kind hearts or ready to share smiles is something every human should strive for. 


To My Second Mothers
Kenna Marrelli and Linda Sullenberger





To Kenna and Linda, you ladies were my go to mother away from home.  You taught me by your example and were always a role model for me to look up to.  Your strength, humor, wonderful smile, and faith in me meant more than I could ever thank you for.  I want to thank you for taking me under your wing when necessary and encouraging me when I didn't have enough faith in myself to push anymore.  You have been two women in my life that I know I can always turn to and see an example of who I want to be in my future. Thank you so much. You both dominate two large parts of my heart.

The Woman Who Shared My Passion...


Oh Lisa, you master of many trades. I am so grateful for the years I had under your wing. You were more than a coach or a teacher to me.  Thank you for believing in my quirkiness and showing me that my lack of technique didn't have to always hold me back from expressing myself through a form of art I love so so much.  You're an amazing dancer, mother, and example to every young girl who is blessed to be taught by you.  Thank you for being strict with me when I needed it and for being soft and understanding when I was struggling.  You were a great balance between the two and I appreciate the opportunities you gave me to be a leader and find peace and happiness in my passion. 

My Boo....

Amanda. I'm glad I don't hate you anymore.  You really needed a proper name tag or something and we could have gotten our friendship started a few years ago.  I'm grateful that we got stuck in the same dressing room which spiraled into this whole random trip to New York for fashion week leading to us deciding to drop everything and move across the country.  There are times I want to murder you. Willow does too.  And then there are times where I'm grateful I have a friend that is here experiencing the highs and lows of this adventure with me.  Our midnight laughs as we are being attacked by a cat cannot be replaced :) I can't wait for the stories we have coming.

I could honestly go on for days. 


My Dance Company Girls

I want to thank the girls I danced with for years.  The girls that made me smile at 6:00 a.m that I've been able to see grow up.  I don't think I would have ever made it through high school without them.  My little sisters I adopted and the girls that simply shared a similar interest with me.  You were my family and all hold a huge part of my heart.  I hope my name written under that bench isn't shortly forgotten and that you know you will always have a sister and a friend in me. Never hesitate to call or text me. I will always be there for you. 

The Women that Believed in Me...
I want to thank Susie, Nicole, and Michelle at Mccarty for helping me get jobs and always being so sweet and supportive of me.  I want to thank the many teachers and directors I had through high school...Mrs. Hansen, Ms. Buck, Judy at the front desk, and Ms. Smith.  The many female artists, photographers, make up artists and models who helped teach me about this fashion world I'm pursuing a life in.  Thank you for taking pictures of me for free, for promoting me, and for giving me the proper guidance I needed to feel comfortable in my own skin in front of a camera.  I was blessed to be a part of your art. 


At the end of the day I could be grateful for every woman who has ever shared a smile, a thought, or a belief with me.  I am sure I missed some people so I apologize.  I have met some amazing people in my life and I want you all to know you have made a difference.

Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment